Saturday 15 January 2011

Very Easy Card



Morning all

So, I have to hold my hands up to being completely pants with my New Years resolution of posting a new card every other day...in my defense, I've had a cold/tummy bug you name it, I've had it and haven't crafted for chuffin' ages!!

I will do better, I promise!

Anyway, today I want to show you a really really simple card I have made with a handmade flower on it that I have made into a brooch so that my friend can wear it!






Recipe: ribbon from gift, 12x12 paper from stash, Making Memories chipboard pieces, button from stash.

I have had these chipboard pieces for years, and they are never the right colour so I turned them over and coloured them myself and added the stitching detail.  The ribbon flower is my favourite thing to make...so easy but looks so amazing.  I shall be doing a tutorial on this in the future on my challenge blog Top Tip Tuesday.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:

CRAFT Challenge #85 - Moving Components - the brooch moves and comes off the card!!
4 Crafty Chicks - Show us some metal - the metal pin on the back of the brooch
Dutch Date #95 - All Stitched Up - real stitching on the ribbon, and faux stitching on chipboard and button

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

Saskia said...

Gorgeous!
Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Anita said...

What a nice card Leanne.
I had the same problem, didn't had any insiration to make cards, but finally started simple and yes there is was again.....
Have a nice weekend

xx Anita

Dawnll said...

What a lovely idea to have a pin! Can't believe I never thought of this...lol
Glad you are on the mend- I had some crud after Christmas and couldn't shake it.
TFS your idea

Audrey said...

What a beautiful card. I love that ribbon flower. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

carol said...

it's gorgeous and i love your flower/brooch, thanks for sharing you creation with us at C.R.A.F.T. X carol

Lou Mac said...

Gorgeous card - that flower embellishment is just genius!! I may just have to CASE that!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs - good luck in the challenges!

Lou Mac. xo

Andrea said...

A lovely card - and a gorgeous brooch. What a lovely gift idea - wish I could think of these ideas when I need to LOL!
Hope you are feeling better, and are able to get back into your crafting!
Love, Andrea xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is just beautiful! I love the detachable pin!
So pretty

Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Sally said...

Leanne this is gorgeous. Your creations are aaaaaammmmmaaazing!

Flutterby Trina said...

lovely card! Love the flower!!! thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good Luck

Hugs

Katrina

xx

Anonymous said...

Great quick card! love the ribbon brooch too! Hugs Samantha :0)

Fiona said...

such a pretty card...love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Leanne.

Hugs Riet.x

Gloria Stengel said...

Super creative. Love that ribbon flower! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes.

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card, Leanne! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week - that ribbon pin is a great idea!

Lori - 4 Crafty CHicks DT

Tamie said...

Love your card! Your idea with the brooch pin is awesome. I think I will try it :). thanks so much for sharing your work with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

sharon said...

What a great card, I love the flower. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

darling Ho said...

What a pretty CAS card. The flower is so pretty!
Thanks for joining us at 2SC, hope to see you again.:)
~hugs~darling Ho~

kelly said...

Very elegant card.Thanks for joining us at CRAFT.
Kelly GD for Jan.