Monday 20 December 2010

Not a Traditional Christmas Card


Good Morning everyone!

Ooooh, isn't it getting exciting that its sooooo near to Christmas?  Part of me is really sad that I won't be seeing any family this year, but this is the first time in my 10 years with my husband, including since having the kiddies, that we are spending Christmas just the 4 of us.  I am really looking forward to starting our own chirstmas traditions...its going to be lovely.

Speaking of traditions, I wanted to make a Christmas card that wasn't traditional!!  I decided on a star based one, however, I don't have any stars, so after a while of trying to get the shape right, I managed to kinda make one (don't look too close as it as the points aren't equal!!).


Recipe: 
handmade star, rope from chocolates, brads from ebay, chipboard shapes from DCWV, ribbon & buttons from stash, glitter stars from Hobbycraft, Christmas tree from my friend, bell from choc bunny, Merry Christmas Rub On from PaperLane

Hope my friend likes it!!  All the bits on there I have had for years but never use..I just went in my embellishment tub and pulled everything out!!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Sentimental Sundays #34 - Inspired by a Song  - mine is 'Merry Christmas'
Lil Red Wagon #59 - Rub Ons  - my sentiment is a rub-on
Cooking It Up #42 - Ribbons & Brads  - flower is ribbon and gingerbread hubby & wife brad!
Crafty Catz #63 - Choose your own  - I've chosen No. 60 - Christmas

Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas!

Pin It Now!

25 comments:

Caterina said...

your card is lovely! Merry Christmas!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Leanne.

Hugs Riet.x

Anita said...

Hi Leanne

It's so good to have some christmastraditions of your own. We have some and my God I can't change them anymore. You should here the kids if I make another suggestion.
Love your card by the way.
Have a nice week and christmasdays

xx Anita

~JulieH~ said...

Wow Leanne I love your style! This card is fantastic, so different, I love all the different elements and textures, I'm sure I have that tree die somewhere it's a big wooden die. Love it!
Juliexx

mudmaven said...

Very nice card - I think your star is just wonderful! Thanks for joining our Inspired by Song challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays! ~chris

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.Thank you so much for sharing this at Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Helen Dooley said...

What a really neat card. I love it, so much to see but not crowded, you did a great job.
Meryy Christmas and thanks for sharing on FOr Fun.

Suzie said...

A great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz and have a lovely Christmas. Suzie x

Sally said...

A very stunning non traditional card. Love the star and the modern Christmas Tree! Your New Christmas Traditions will be wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Rosanne said...

Its gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

maxine said...

I love this it's a great design, thanks for joining us at the crafty pad x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great job with using your stash and creating a wonderful card for your friend! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family- I love family time- it is so precious! Thanks for joining in the Belli challenge

Tameko said...

Great Design. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Leanne! I love all of the textures!! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Pauline said...

I love the texture in this creation! Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week!

LeAnne said...

What a stunner! Love it!
Hugs,
LeAnne (with a Big "A")

Unknown said...

This is a great style - this is an inspiration for me, thanks for joining Fresh brewed designs two weeks long christmas challenge.

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Congrats on being featured on Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

papertrails leaver said...

This card is absolutely perfect! I love it! The texture and depth! Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

Deb said...

Wow! fabulous elements and such a great array of embellishments, thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations, Have a Happy New Year
Debs
xxx

lesleyworth said...

fantastic card! love the traditional elements displayed in a non-traditional way! great job! thanks for sharing your Kraft-iness with us at the Shoe!

Shana said...

Fabulous design and gorgeous array of textures! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card , thanks for joining us at crafty catz

Tracy Valure said...

Pretty card, love all the elements that you have used! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Tracy Valure

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this time x