Saturday 17 April 2010

All you need is friends!


Evening all!!

Do you ever have one of those days, when you try to make a card but the harder you try, the less inspiration you feel? This is the third card I attempted to make today - I had to do a bit, then go and have a cuppa, then do a bit more, then do some washing etc etc....

I was routing around and came across the Curvy Card template I bought years ago - I have only ever made one other card with it, so thought it was about time to give it another go!

In the end I am quite happy with it - I am loving the colour. Normally I am a brown / black / white kinda person!! But I am determined to use my old stash up!! This was some DCWV Pocket full of Posies paper that I didn't even know I had!!



Recipe: DCWV Pocket full of Posies paper, Curvy Card Template, handmade flowers by me!
DCWV Friend Vellum quote, brads from stash, Cats Eye Ink for edges.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges;

Pile it On #14 - Say it with words
Cuttlebug Bugspot - Bling (glitter & gems)
ABC Challenge - S - Sparkle (glitter & gems)
Pennys Challenges - Anything goes (yay!!)
Quixotic #21 - Heavy Metal (brads in centre of flowers & on quote)
YNS Challenge #14 - Stitching (faux stitching all around the card)
Cute Card Thursday #108 - Touchy Feely
Crafty Anns Challenge - Let the sun shine in
Rosie D's Challenge #68 - Blessings (I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends)
Allsorts Challenge #48 - Stiches (faux stitches around the edges)
Sweet Stampin Challenge #22 - In Stitches (faux stitches around the edges)
Crafty Angels #30 - Favourite Things (my flowers!!)
Diecut Dreams #43 - Vintage with no Colouring
Sophisticat #29 - Its so Distressing (my flowers are distressed!)
Practical Scrappers - Glitter & bling
Meljens Designs #3 - 3D Element
Raise the Bar - Movie Mania (Steel Magnolias (flowers & movie about friendship!!)

Cor blimey, thats a few challenges isn't it? If I have gone against any of the challengers rules, please feel free to delete my entry.

Remember, I have 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps up for grabs in my blogcandy - click here to go to the post to enter.

Pin It Now!

41 comments:

Beverly G said...

Sometimes it takes awhile for ideas to come together, but this card really emerged stunning. Very unusual template.

Kerry said...

I think your card is soo gorgeous. I love the template you have used. It's very elegant xx

Darlene said...

Oh I LOVED that movie!! This is such an awesome, unique creation!! Thanks for joining us as Raise The Bar!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Leanne

This is super hun, love the colours and the template really should come out more often - don't you think?

Hugs Ali x

Sally said...

I love this card. The colors are fabulous! What a pacel of challenges. You go girl!

Jessie said...

I love your curvy card, so cool!

Unknown said...

I have never seen a card like this before... it's very unusual and I love what you have done with it... it's beautiful!!!
Amazing how much inspiration comes from having a cup of tea, isn't it??? ha! Glad you kept at it...
Hugs
Kim
x

Andrea said...

Wow! That is fabulous - love the shape, and your flowers are gorgeous!
Love, Andrea xx

Anita said...

Wow Leanne this is a gorgeous card.
And yes somethimes I have such a day like you had.
Start over and over again until I don't want to get it to an end anymore, but I still do.

xx Anita

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW! I think it looks amazing! Great colors too!

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card Leanne - it was well worth all the effort, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Leanne this is a real beauty loving that curvy card fold, I have this template bought it ages ago but never used it now you have inspired me so if I can find it I might have ago lol...the colours and flowers are gorgeous thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stef H said...

oh with this beauty i'd say you would have to win at least 4 of those challenges!!!! easily too - at least in my opinion!

hugs :)

magicwanda said...

Beautiful card
Thanks so much for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week
Wanda :-)

Rufus said...

VERY pretty card! Love the shape and colors.
R/

Queen La Rubba said...

WOW! Just gorgeous! How creative and lovely! Lov'n the colors and those rosesa re just FAB! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
If you haven’t already, I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away, I will send anywhere!!

Mervi said...

This is a lovely creation, thanks for sharing this with us at
Rosie D's - welcome back, the new challenge comes tonight;-))m

Victoria said...

oooh it's really unusual Leanne, very pretty with all the flowers on too

Thanks so much for joining in at Die Cut Dreams

Hugs
Victoria
x

Susie said...

It's gorgeous, Leanne and must have taken ages! I agree, the colour's lovely. Susie x

Mummylade said...

Love the shape of the card, looks really advanced. Thank you so much for joining the DCD and Allsorts challenges this week and good luck.

Chrissie said...

Well I hope you were pleased with the end result Leanne, because I think it's absolutely beautiful and what a fabulous card shape!
Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

Nicola said...

Stunning creation Leanne, your floral detail is awesome.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Fleur said...

WOW Leanne, this is so very pretty, gorgeous flowers.
Thanks for taking part in my first ALLSORTS challenge, Hugz Fleur xXx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Leanne another stunning creation! what a fab shaped card and those flowers are just beautiful. Thankyou for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week, Hope you can join in next week too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Vee said...

Wow!! Leanne I love this card, such an unusual shape, I bet you're glad you found it again, and the papers are gorgeous.
xx Vee

CraftyC said...

I certainly get days like yours, but wow Leanne, this is gorgeous and wonderful colours!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Leanne. I love your flowers! Thanks for helping us "let the sunshine in" this week at Crafty Ann's. Hugs, Kim

Faye said...

I'm glad you're quite happy with it, coz I think it is beautiful! Now have I seen something else from you with a flower on it today? ;) Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

Allison said...

sooo gorgeous hon, love the colours too
AllisonX

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! That curvy template is amazing!
Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!! Good Luck on the challenge!
♥Dee (Spryte)♥

Shirl said...

What a stunning card have not seen one of these before it is gorgeous and those flowers are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels and good luck with the top 3 choice.
Hugs Shirley x x x

merniebug said...

Lovely card, beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing and for joinging us here at Meljen's Designs.

Diane said...

Oh wowzers,that is so elegant!!!

Anonymous said...

I was checking out your photos and in my head thinking how GORGEOUS those flowers are and wondering what brand they are....and then I got to the part where you made them! WOW! They are fabulous! Love this.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers DT

Laura (Faerielore) said...

this card is amazing ive never seen a curvy one before and those handmade flowers are stunning !!! wow thats a lot of challenges hehehehe

Annie said...

I love the curvy shape of your card - I've never seen one like this before! and such pretty colours and embellishments. thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Kim Dellow said...

Wow Lovely! Love the dimension. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Leanne, you should be very pleased with the end result of this lovely curved card. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Cheryl said...

Very pretty and creative! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Challenge this week.

~*Joni said...

Leanne this came out so wonderful! That was a great movie, very bonding for females and generations. Love the curves on this, it's so pretty in those colors! Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Shelley said...

Wow this is amazing and a great interpretation on Crafty Anns Challenge.
Thanks for joining in.
Hugs Shelley xx