Wednesday 7 April 2010

I love my butterflies!!


There are a few things that I love on cards, but I think that butterflies have to be my all time fave. I have had these coloured card packs for years, so thought I should try and alter the design and use them up. This is going to be my personal challenge for the next few weeks to try and use up these cards!!! As well as use all my old papers that haven't seen the light of day!!

Today has also been very interesting as this morning, my family and I went to the top of the world....to the top of Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building - it was amazing!! I don't like heights, but wow, what a view!!
Recipe: Laura Ashley Contemporary paper and ribbon, flowers cut from punch, computer generated sentiment,
flower gems from stash, cats eye ink for edges, charm from ebay, card blank from Making Moments

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
  1. Pile It On #13 - Easel Card - I'm loving these Easel Cards!
  2. Cupcake Craft Challenge #85 - Make your own flowers - large & small ones!
  3. Incy Wincy Designs #37 - Fancy Fold - I made an Easel Card
  4. My Time to Craft #86 - On the Spot - Spotty ribbon!
  5. Pollycraft Challenge #38 - Open - YAY, my fav kinda challenge!
  6. The Pink Elephant #61 - Nature - Nothing more nature than flowers & butterflies!
  7. Flutter by Wednesday #104 - Sparkle - Sparkle on the ribbons & gems!
  8. Quixotic Challenge #20 - Joys of Spring - Flowers & butterflies - very Spring!
  9. Colour Create #41 - Pastels (added option Spring) - Yep, used pastels and my card is for the Spring
  10. S2G Challenge #50 - Anything Goes - Fab!!
  11. Crafty Anns Challenge #11 - For Someone Special - This is for my sister, my BFF
  12. SSDS #34 - Wings - The beautiful butterflies have them!
  13. Prairie Fairy #13 - Texture - Flowers, glitter, charms - plenty!!
  14. Crafty Cardmakers #18 - Challenge yourself - Well, the papers and card base have literally been open for the first time to make this, and I have had them for years. Secondly, this is only the 2nd Easel card I have made, so still trying to 'master' that one!
  15. Colour Throwdown #87 - Pink, Grey, Green - All colours used (sentiment is grey)
  16. Stampavie & More #89 - Green - Leaves and dots are green.
Lastly, here is a pic I took when I was at the top of Burj Khalifa this morning - its of 'The Address' Hotel and Souk al Bahar. To the left you can see the very large (although in this pic it looks tiny), Dubai Mall.


Hope you are having a fabulous day!

Hugs


Pin It Now!

40 comments:

Debby said...

My goodness you certainly know how to rock the challenges. This is a gorgeous card. Beautiful way to make it your own. What are you doing in Dubai? Do you live there? How cool. Pictures please :-)

Kendra said...

Great easel card, I love the size you have made! Awesome color combo too! Thanks for playing at SSDS this week!

valen said...

Fab card, love the butterflies to ;)Thank you for sharing it with us at SSDS this week.
Tineke=)

Valérie Goldenschue said...

your card is fantastic.

thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Anonymous said...

This is a great card Leanne
Love butterflies too.
Didn't the Bursj move at the top? That's what you can feel in tall buildings.

xx Anita

LeAnne said...

Wow, look at all those challenges! Glad you could use our CTD colors as well!

Jeannie said...

Great project and thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday with Shirley's 2 Girls!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Stef H said...

i 2d what debby says! you definitely rock those challenges. and with such beauty too! wow!

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Leanne, your sister will love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Leanne,i love your papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Allison said...

lovely easel card Leanne- I love butterflies too
Brave you going up that tall building
Allisonx

Marjan said...

Hi Leanne,
Love your card AND your blog!
Thanks for becoming a follower of mine, I shall certainly be visiting yours again!

Marjan from Holland

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a lovely creation ! Smiles from Catherine

Nancy said...

Lovely creation, and wow, what a lot of challenges...you're a rock star!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Leanne this is gorgeous I love the texture and your design on this card a real beauty thank you for joining us at both Crafty Ann's and PFF

Hugs
Lorraine x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What a wonderful card and a wonderful experience!!! Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week, good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh this is so beautiful Leanne! Love the delicateness of it and the long easle!


Thanks for entering Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxox

iReneM said...

Oooo, this is gorgeous, Leanne.
I do love the shape and the beautiful flowers

x

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for piling it on with us!

Ann English said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Shirleys2Girls for Twisted Thursday. Join us for new releases and a blog hop starting tomorrow!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Amanda said...

This card is simply beautiful!! I love how you created the little window for the butterfly charm to hang in.. Thanks for sharing your Flights of Fancy with us at SSDS this week..

Amanda:0)

Georgia said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing S2G TT.

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. I love all of the flowers and butterflies. Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. Best of luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Kim

Chrissie said...

Your card looks gorgeous Leanne (I love these LA papers)
Such an different easel card shape and it's nice to sometimes have a change from the usual ones.
Thanks for joining in at Crafty Ann's challenge.

Beryl said...

A gorgeous easel card - lovely subtle colours and the flower is fabulous.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

why very pretty, love the colors!!! thanks so much for playing along with PIO.
Trish

kris said...

What a beauty!!! the flowers are so pretty and i love that hanging charm!! Thank you for joining us at FBW!! =D

Linda said...

Way to hit all those challenges. I love the butterfly charm!
Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
I am having a celebration at my blog and I would love to have you join in.
{{Linda}}
http://cardsbylinda.blogsopt.com

Queen La Rubba said...

Hi Leeanne ~ Lov'n this easel card! I love how it i slong! Great colors and the hang'n butterfly is just FAB! Another wonderful creation! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Cat said...

Hi, Leanne! Love your card! You are so creative! I love being inspired by your lovely projects! Great photo from the world's tallest building!
Thanks for joining us at S2G and I hope you'll join our blog hop "April in Paris" which is being held now.

Tam said...

Hi Leanne,

Gorgeous creation.

Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge.

Please feel free to visit my blog: www.catlover-tam.blogspot.com.

Tami

Heather "Hev" said...

This is gorgeous :)

Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!! Good Luck !!

Dont forget our Design Team Call :)

Please visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

Lesley said...

Pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous easel card! Thanks so much for joinng us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

BA said...

wonderful card, love the butterfly
thanks for joining us at SAM
xoxo BA

Kim Dellow said...

Oh Gorgeous! What amazing details. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

Vixykins said...

OMG there is nooooo way you'd get me up there, made me dizzy just looking (great pic though!)

Great easel card hunny and well done for challenging yourself with crafty cardmakers, beautiful design and lovely pwetty pwetty butterflies :D

Michelle said...

Wow this card is stunning! This is my first time here at your blog and I have really enjoyed having a browse through. I will definately be back.