Tuesday 13 April 2010

Flower Fever!

Hi everyone

Hope you are having a nice Tuesday? I have been having a lovely one..my daughter is still off another week for her Easter hols, so we have been crafting together.

I am well into making my own flowers - definately think is a phase I am going through. I am trying various shapes to get the right 'petal' - think I have narrowed it down to two - one of them being the shapes that make up these flowers.

Have to say I rather love this card - I have had this paper for absolutely ages and never got around to using it, so as I have said on a previous post, I am no longer going to be buying any more papers until I have used up some of my unopened stash that I have had for years!

Here is today's offering:


Recipe: Laura Ashley paper, heart brads from Papermania,
pearls from Sally's Cards & Things,

DCWV Vellum Sentiment (love), ribbon from a box of chocolates, Martha Stewart 'Oak Leaf' punch

I would also like to put this card into the following challenges:

Pile it on #14 - Say it with Words - Yay, I suggested this on the PIO blog a few weeks ago (along with some other crafters) and they are doing it - YAY!!
Quixotic Challenge #20 - Spring - my flowers are very Spring!
Crafty Ann #12 - Let the sunshine in- Nice flowery, sunny card!
Allsorts #47 - Petals & Pearls - plenty of petals & pearls!
Our Creative Corner - Bows, yep done 2!
Crafty Angels #30 - Favourite Things - my fave things of the mo are my handmade flowers!!
Diecut Dreams #43 - Vintage with no colouring - well, I think this is vintage...!!
Moving Along with the Times #41 - Easel Card - done!
Crafty Cardmakers #18 - Challenge yourself - I am challenging myself to find the 'perfect' handmade flower type (and to use up all my old stash!)
Sophisticat Challenge #29 - So Distressing - my poor flowers look very distressed...and the edges of the papers!
Raise the Bar Challenge #13 - Lets Spring for it. - flowers - very Spring like!!

Thank you for stopping by!

Pin It Now!

24 comments:

Rach said...

A beautiful card Leanne, love your flowers that you have made they are delicious.xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card Leanne - your flowers are lovely! Thank you for letting the sunshine in with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! your flowers are superb and all those challenges!!!! holy moly!

Beryl said...

Your flowers are fabulous Leanne. I'm so envious. The card is beautiful and I love the colours you have used.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Beryl said...

Your flowers are fabulous Leanne. I'm so envious. The card is beautiful and I love the colours you have used.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, Leanne. These flowers are awesome. Thanks for helping us "let the sunshine in" this week at Crafty Ann's. Hugs, Kim

Anita said...

So Leanne that's a beauty with those beautiful flowers. Like them very much

xx Anita

Chrissie said...

Such a beautiful card Leanne, I love this gorgeous colour palette and your flowers are absolutely stunning!
Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely sunshine card Leanne. You seem to be having fun creating your own flowers. How nice you can spend time crafting with your daughter whilst she is off school. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Mummylade said...

Such a classy card. I love your flowers! I'm so glad you entered this in the DCD and Allsorts challenges this week and good luck.

Shirl said...

You should be proud of your flowers they look gorgeous and your card is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Angels and good luck with the top 3.
Hugs Shirley x x x

Crafteezee said...

Great Easel card and just love those flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats. Hugs Tracy x

Darlene said...

What a fabulous easel card! LOVE IT!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Sally said...

Leanne,
These are truly stunning. Love your flowers. Wish I could get motivated to learn how to make them. Gorgeous!

Sarah Gough said...

Just lovely! Love the big flowers. Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

Country Mouse said...

Stunning card!!Flowers are awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!!!

thread-bare said...

OMG what a stunner. I love the fact that you haven't used an image. Makes it really elegant. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at MAWTT this week x Clare x

Mandy said...

Leanne your card is beautiful hun, so pretty, love your flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
hugs Mandy xx

Victoria said...

beautiful card Leanne, love your handmade flowers too. I have to start using up all my stash too - good plan!

Thanks so much for joining in with our vintage challenge at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria
x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow Leanne this is really stunning the papers and those flowers are gorgeous thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Wow your flowers are awesome Leanne and your card is stunning sweetie.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, those flowers are just stunning . Thankyou for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week, Hope you can join in next week too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Shelley said...

This is such a great card and a great interpretation on the crafty ann's challenge, thanks for joining in.
Hugs Shelley GDT xx

Vixykins said...

Have you still managed to resist buying lol! Your easel is gorgeous, such nice colours :D

Thank you for challenging yourself at Crafty Cardmakers x